30 Magical Years with Paris Disneyland

Disneyland Paris marks its 30th anniversary this year. The park opened on the 12th of April 1992 and decided to celebrate its 30th birthday with special events starting from the 6th of March. There are anniversary-themed parades and shows such as “Disney D-Light”, where the “Un monde qui s’illumine” song created by a symphony orchestra from London’s Abbey Road Studio will be played. The park is also displaying 30 sculptures of Disney princesses and villains at a newly constructed promenade for sightseeing. 

In the past 30 years, Paris Disneyland has grown in popularity with various achievements. The park had 10 million visitors in its first year of opening, in comparison to 12 million in 2018. 

In 2019, when “Disneyland Paris was named the World’s Leading Theme Park Resort by World Travel Awards for the second year in a row.” Multiple awards such as European Star Awards, Travellers’ Choice Awards, and Family Traveller Excellence Awards recognised the park’s numerous attractions. 

The global pandemic was also a major setback to its popularity, causing Paris Disney to have an attendance of only 1.92 million in 2020. The park has new expansion projects to compensate for this economic loss. “Starting Summer 2022, the highly anticipated opening of the new theme-based area ‘Avengers Campus’ will invite guests to embark on a brand-new, epic journey as part of the transformation of Walt Disney Studios Park. The 30th Anniversary marks the continued expansion into this immersive experience, beginning with the opening of Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel in 2021.”

03/05/2022

Melody Chan

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031