30 Years Of Concrete and The LCR

To celebrate 30 years of Concrete, I searched deep into the archives to discover some of the biggest names that have hit the stage at the LCR in the last three decades. I quickly realised my problem. There were far too many acts to fit into this article. 

In the 90s, the LCR welcomed the likes of Primal Scream, Blur, Suede, and Pulp with tickets around £10 (it’s hard to imagine, I know). 

The noughties saw Amy Winehouse, LCD Soundsystem, and Panic Street Preachers make the journey to Norwich.

The 2010s, however, were perhaps the biggest decade for the LCR. In 2011, for example, the likes of Godspeed You! Black Emperor, J Cole, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay all played in this single year. Coldplay, the day before, had played to a 70,000 people crowd in Madrid and when they arrived in Norwich, played an intimate set to 100 lucky fans in the blue bar. 

Although not at the LCR, 2015 brought Radio 1’s Big Weekend to Earlham Park where the likes of Muse, Foo Fighters and Taylor Swift all performed. I still can’t quite believe that Taylor Swift knows Norwich exists, let alone played here.

08/02/2022

Tom Manning

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031