Norwich Cathedral

Norwich Cathedral – its construction beginning in 1096 – has the second tallest cathedral spire in the whole of England. With a rich history, the cathedral is not only a tourist hotspot, but is absolutely stunning on the inside and outside. Situated in the city centre, Norwich Cathedral is easy to locate and commute to. Admission to the cathedral is free, although they do accept donations. Services are also held in Norwich Cathedral for those who are interested. The cathedral itself is open daily from 7:30am to 6:00pm, with times for their services available on their website. If you’re going to be in Norwich, why not explore its history by visiting Norwich Cathedral?

Cromer Pier

Situated on the north coast of Cromer, the pier has records dating back to 1391. Not only is it home to a beautiful seaside town, but Cromer Pier hosts an array of events which can be found on their website. The Pavilion Theatre, which has been entertaining people for over forty years, is definitely worth a visit. There are so many places to grab something to eat near the pier, making it a lovely day out. It takes less than an hour to drive to Cromer from Norwich, as well as there being buses and trains available, making it a very accessible location.

Holkham Hall

Holkham Hall is a country house designed for the 1st Earl of Leicester in the 18th Century. The hall is considered one of the best examples of the Palladian style of architecture. It’s definitely worth visiting Holkham Hall; the interior and exterior design is magnificent. Tickets can be booked online or on the phone. Other events are also available such as the ‘Field to Fork Experience’, ‘Walled Garden’, and the ‘Woodland Play Area’ for children. Holkham Hall is a great place for a family trip out and is only a little over an hour by car from Norwich.

Thetford Forest

If you prefer the outdoors over country houses and cathedrals, Thetford Forest might be the place for you. Not only are there events and activities available, but you can volunteer during your free time. Spanning over 47,000 acres, Thetford Forest is a Site of Special Scientific Interest. An extensive variety of activities are offered, ranging from walking alpacas to zip lining to duathlons; Thetford Forest offers activities for all ages. The forest is something to behold, being the largest lowland pine forest in Britain. Even if you aren’t interested in the activities, a pleasant day can be made from just a simple stroll and a meal in one of the many restaurants near the forest.

The Pingo Trail

The Pingo Trail is a flat circular walk that’s just under eight miles; it’s perfect for those who want to enjoy an easy walk through nature. Located at the eastern edge of the Brecks, there is so much to see during this walk including pingos, cattle, woodland, swamps, flowers, and much more. Pingos are often the reason why nature lovers go on this walk: they are layers of soil covering a body of ice in a dome shape. Eventually, these mounds collapsed leaving shallow craters that we see today. You can also enjoy a nice meal in The Chequers Inn that offers a delicious range of food for tired walkers.