A Guide to Norwich Summer Cinema 

This is a piece for all film buffs who are staying in Norwich over the summer. Everyone knows how unpredictable the British weather can be, so here is a list of all the top places around Norwich and Norfolk where you can catch a film wind, rain, or shine this summer and the different benefits of each one. 

1. Cinema City – Cinema City is an independent cinema on St. Andrews St situated within the 17th Century Suckling House. This place is great for dates as it offers much more than just a popcorn stand and a tango ice blast. Cinema City has both an impressive bar and a great menu of cuisine which means that you have a bit of bonding time with your date to get a few drinks and a meal either before or after you’ve watched the film – it even has an outside seating area. Cinema City has loads of events on for even the most acquired of tastes. The only downside is the price of the overall experience if you want to include all I have mentioned. So don’t go expecting not to break the bank! 
  1. Movies in the Moonlight – Hosted by Cinema City, the popular outdoor cinema returns to the plantation gardens this summer. For three nights (August 19th – 21st) you’ll be able to catch The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Encanto and Stand by Me in front of a giant projector screen under the stars. The doors open at 7:30pm each night and the films will start after dusk. There will also be a bar and a food stand.  
  1. Vue – Vue is the ultimate budget and easy cinema experience. It shows every film in the cinema at that time every day. It is based on the very top floor of Castle Mall and is perfect for a rainy day in Norwich. Costing only £4.99 a ticket it is ideal for students – excluding the classic extortionate price of cinema snacks of course – but the Tango Ice blasts there definitely still slap. 
  1. ODEON – The biggest place in town that boasts 14 screens! It also has the only IMAX screens in Norfolk. If you have not been to an IMAX before – which I hadn’t before my first year – it is definitely something that every cinema buff should experience.  The main benefits however are that the nicest Nando’s in Norwich is just next door along with The Queen of Iceni opposite it. 

The most anticipated films that are set to grace the big screen this summer include:  

• Elvis – Released 24th June 2022 
  • Minions: The Rise of Gru – Released 1st July 2022 
  • Thor: Love and Thunder – Released 7th July 2022 
  • Where the Crawdads Sing – Released 22nd July 2022 
  • DC League of Super-Pets – 29th July 2022 
  • Bullet Train – Released 3rd August 2022 
  • Nope – Released 12th August 2022 
  • Don’t Worry Darling – Released 23 September 2022 

12/07/2022

Thomas Porteus

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031