As I write, I am coming to the end of my third – yes, third – consecutive week in the concrete office. There has been blood, sweat, and tears (not really, but almost) but I am so proud of what our editors and writers have managed to achieve.

Last week, Arts editor Miriea and Creative Writing editor Saoirse put together our annual Arts and Creative Writing supplement, “Contrast.” We had some amazing submissions, including paintings, photographs, poems, and short stories, and it was so nice to see everyone’s work come together to create something we are all really proud of. If you’re reading this and haven’t already looked through “Contrast”, make sure to get your hands on a copy in your issue of Concrete.

We’d also love to see you at our open mic event to celebrate the launch of the supplement, taking place on Tuesday 6 February at 7pm, at Olive’s (a really cosy bar and café in the city center, for those of you that haven’t been). We are still looking for a couple more readers, so if you have any writing, or would like to have a go at writing something that fits the broad theme of contrast, please drop me an email.

AND we have still produced a great issue of Venue. Don’t say we don’t spoil you. Television has an article on the rise of the anthology show, following the success of the likes of Black Mirror and American Horror Story, and we consider the carbon foot-print caused by the production of art on page 5. We are also excited to offer Venue readers discounted tickets to the Richard Alston Dance Company at Norwich Theatre Royal; take a look on page 6 for more information on that.

I hope to see you at the “Contrast” open mic night, and in the meantime, enjoy this issue of Venue.