It’s been another exciting week for Venue and Concrete.

At our “Contrast” open mic night, we enjoyed great readings from some of our regular writers, as well as from those who are a bit newer to Venue.

It was so lovely to see so many people there, and I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who came to read and support us It was a particularly exciting night for me, as it was my first time reading at an open mic. To anyone who is thinking of doing something similar and hasn’t quite gotten around to it yet, I’d definitely recommend having a go. It was a lot of fun, and there are so many different literature events going on around Norwich to get involved in.

In between organising the open mic and enjoying last week’s “Contrast” supplement, we’ve been working hard on this year’s Valentine’s issue of Venue, in-keeping with Concrete’s beautiful Sex Survey supplement. On page 24, our writers’ share their favourite steamy television shows, whilst on page 16 we list the best songs to listen to while cuddling up with your loved one. If you’re struggling to find an outfit to wear on your Valentine’s date take a look at pages 12 and 13 for some inspiration.

We’ve also included some great Valentine’s Day art; Lotty Clare’s gorgeous cover artwork is deserving of a special mention. I had a dabble at creating some Valentine’s themed art earlier this week too – you can see the results of my artistic endeavours on page 7.