It’s deadline season, and the only thing more frustrating than the Hub’s online submission is the lack of spaces in the library, so why not go and cry over your revision somewhere else instead?

laundrette

The lake

Glorious spring days were meant for sitting down by the Broads, so grab your notes and some books and at least enjoy the fresh air and the scenery while you’re slaving away over that last-minute referencing crisis. That is, if we manage to get any glorious spring days.

Blend

Sometimes all you need to get you through is a little extra caffeine. If you don’t mind a bit of background noise, Blend is the perfect place to grab a coffee and mull over your work, or meet up with some coursemates and discuss a few ideas. Plus, the supply of hot sausage rolls and delicious paninis right next to you will help you get through those endless pages of reading.

The Square

Traditionally the place for a beer or five post-exam, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy sunny afternoons in the Square pre-deadlines. Take a couple of books and find a quietish corner.

With the sun on your face and the bar tantalisingly close, you’ll feel infinitely happier than you would do stuck in the library.

The Sainsbury Centre

The lucky devils in World Art and Museology have The Sainsbury Centre pretty much all to themselves. While it may technically only be open to WAM students, the Sainsbury Centre does have the nicest toilets on campus and that alone makes it a great spot to revise

The Laundrette

Not the most obvious work spot on campus, but there’s no reason why you can’t get work done while you’re waiting for your wash. Instead of leaving your clothes in the machine for three hours after the cycle has finished and annoying the rest of campus, you’ll be there ready and waiting. Plus, you never know, the soapy smell might just give you the inspiration you’ve been looking for.