Annie Walker-Trafford is an 18-year-old model based in London. Last month she took part in London Fashion Week for the first time since becoming a full-time model. She took the time to tell us what fashion week was like as one of the beautiful people.

What’s the average day for a model at LFW like?

Before the actual shows started, an average day involved loads of castings, around 10-14 a day! Once the shows started I would take part in some, and then attend castings and fittings in between. I also did hair and makeup tests for clients during the week.

How does working at LFW compare to other modelling jobs?

Fashion week is so much busier than any other time, outside of fashion week a normal day is about three castings or a job if I have one. I also get more nervous with the catwalk shows. With a photoshoot you will be directed and spend time getting the perfect shot, on the catwalk you only get one chance.

What’s the best thing about working LFW?

The best thing is meeting all the people and designers and obviously the shows themselves. The atmosphere backstage is quite hectic, but I like that, and getting your hair and makeup done is always fun!

And the worst?

Being so tired and having to travel all over London, constantly going back and forth because the castings can be really far apart.

Who did you model for this year?

Jasper Conran, Willow, Jena Theo and Leutton Postle, which was an off schedule show.

Finally, what’s the outlook for SS 2013 looking like?

All the shows I did were really different. Jasper Conran was really laid-back, bare-feet and simple, effortless hair but really bright and colourful. Willow was quite simple, nudes and blacks, really floaty and feminine. Jena Theo was similar as it was feminine with sheer fabrics again. All the clothes I wore were really wearable but I only did four shows and the shows were so varied, with so many different trends!