The Dangerous Summer – TBA

At the beginning of 2017, I resigned myself to the fact that one of my favourite bands of all time, The Dangerous Summer, were never coming back. Then they did. Last year saw them drop their self-titled fourth album, go on two world tours and record another album. Excited? An understatement, I’m absolutely buzzing.

Sigur Ros – TBA

The latest ‘will they, won’t they’ of the musical world is Sigur Ros and their new album. Having released a significant amount of material through side projects last year, fans are understandably growing impatient for the band’s next effort. Hoope came on New Years Day, with the band announcing their new record label. If the Icelandic duo finally get around to their next album, expect it to be one of 2019’s finest.

American Football – American Football (LP3)

American Football fans are an odd lot. Having reformed after over a decade and a half of inactivity, the band return to find they had become icons of an entire genre. Releasing their second self-titled album, the band received mixed reviews for either being too similar or different from their first album. Their answer? Abandon putting houses on album covers and embrace fully what they sound like now that they aren’t in their early twenties. Atmospheric twinkles, a Hayley Williams feature and a huge fanbase, things certainly have changed from the band that couldn’t fill local basements when they originally formed.

The 1975 – Notes on a Conditional Form

Overleaf you can read about my love of the latest The 1975 album, so it’s quite a treat that May will see the follow up effort from the band: Notes on a Conditional Form. Following so closely on from A Brief Inquiry…, expectations are high. Recorded over the same sessions, expect either the second half of one of the greatest double albums of modern times or a solid set of B-Sides. Here’s hoping it’s the former.

Tame Impala – TBA

With Coachella announcing Tame Impala as a headline act, it’s inevitable that a new album is in 2019’s synth-rock pipeline. Band maestro Kevin Parker’s hints at ‘new sounds’ on social media all but confirm that. And thank God; Currents is one of my favourite albums of all time and the wait has been agonizing. Now it’s here, we just have to Let it Happen.

-Gus Edgar-Chan

King Princess – TBA

King Princess is by far the biggest musical revelation I experienced in 2018. Her debut album comes off the back of last summer’s impeccable self-produced Make My Bed EP, the first release from Mark Ronson’s Zelig Records imprint. The perfect middle ground between experimental soundscapes and euphoric pop songwriting, expect guitar driven tales of love, loss and adolescence – all unabashedly queer.

-Shannon McDonagh

Sleaford Mods – Eton Alive

The revolutionary Nottingham punk duo (down from my neck of the woods) announced their fifth LP: Eton Alive, set for release in February. Brace yourselves for even more highly-charged working-class rants and the fire in your belly that you sorely need. I have a feeling this will be sound. Happy days.

-Lewis Oxley