Argh, fencing is the only life for me

So you’re thinking of joining a sports club? Well UEA fencing is the place to go, the only place on campus where you can pretend that you are a pirate and legally stab your friends.

This year we have lots of exciting opportunities for both experienced and beginner fencers. Our men’s team is in Midlands League 1 and is looking for new members.

Our women’s team is progressing well in their league, pushing for promotion and looking for new members too.

For beginner fencers we have three Do Something Different sessions which are free and open to everyone, offering you a chance to try out all three weapons available (Epee, Sabre and Foil) and decide which one suits you best. These sessions are on Saturday the 28th September (3.00-5.40pm), Monday the 30th (7:40- 10:20pm), and Wednesday the 2nd October (5:40pm-7:40pm).

We will also be at Sports Fayre on Wednesday the 25th of September, so come along and say hi!

We regularly have friendly competitions within the club, so you get a good chance to develop your skills, and our members regularly compete in competitions both locally and nationally so there are plenty of opportunities to test your skills. We also have regular socials both non-drinking and drinking, including: club nights, bowling, and club dinners.

Some of our previous socials include treasure hunts, a Great Gatsby themed evening, and of course the legendary Derby Day LCRs. So, in short, UEA fencing is the place to be, where you can live out all your swashbuckling dreams.

17/09/2019

caitlinarthur