Arts, OldVenue

Art show 8 coming to Norwich

East Anglia will be the third stop after Leeds and Edinburgh in the prestigious ‘British Art Show 8’ this summer from 24 June – 4 September. The unique exhibition opening, taking place on 18 June, has been named ‘the History Train’, by its creator Alan Kane, and will feature six horse drawn carriages processing through the city streets to deliver art to the three venues: starting at Norwich University of the Arts, then the Norwich Castle, and nishing up at the Forum.

42 artists will be coming together to showcase over 100 works, many of which have been created especially for this unique ver-yearly exhibition. The exhibition will feature work from local talent, including NUA alumni Jessica Warboys, as well as Ryan Gardner, who lives and works in

Saxmundham, Suffolk. Gardner’s work is not just physical, but explores words and pictures, with a focus on linking various types of media. Warboys also works with various media, including lm, performance and painting. She will be showcasing her new work, ‘Sea Painting’.

As stated by art critic Mark Hudson, ‘British Art Show 8’ promises the stars of tomorrow, today’, with artists such as Damien Hirst and Rachel Whitered exhibiting work in previous shows ‘just before they hit the big time’. For anyone interested in nding out more about the Norwich art scene, this is de nitely one not to be missed!

There’s an admission fee to view the works at Norwich Castle, but will be free of charge in the Forum and NUA.

14/06/2016

KateRomain

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31