The pancake day classic in seven simple steps.
Photograph: Flickr / adventurejournalist.
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- Blueberries or any other fruit you fancy
- Butter or cooking spray
- Heat a medium sized frying pan with the butter or cooking spray on a low heat.
- Slice your banana into small pieces and then mash in a bowl.
- Once the banana is as smooth as you would like it, mix in two eggs. A whisk is easiest but a fork is fine.
- Once you have this mixture, pour some into a pan, wait for the first side to cook and then carefully flip.
- At this point, you could pop some blueberries into the pan whilst they are cooking.
- For extra sweetness, sprinkle a low calorie sweetener to keep it healthy but still delicious.
- Pile your pancakes up, top with blueberries or any other fresh fruit, and enjoy with a dose of Jack Johnson.