1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, neatly chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed 500g Quorn mince
1 tin of tomatoes
1 jar of pre-made tomato sauce
Dash of Worcester sauce 1 vegetable stock cube 1tbsp tomato puree Dash of red wine
75g grated parmesan 400g spaghetti
50g chopped mushrooms
1. First of all, it’s best to put a large saucepan on medium heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Slightly reduce the heat and add the onions, carrots, garlic and mushrooms, then fry for ten minutes.
3. Keep stirring the vegetables until they soften.
4. Increase the heat to medium-high, adding the Quorn mince and stir for three to four minutes, until the Quorn looks browned all over.
5. Add one tin of tomatoes, the tomato sauce, tomato puree, beef stock cube and a dash of red wine. Stir with a wooden spoon for a couple of minutes.
6. Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.
7. When the Bolognese is nearly finished, cook the spaghetti.
8. Drain the spaghetti and stir into Bolognese sauce.
9. Serve with grated parmesan neatly sprinkled on top.