Fashion

Beauty tips for the day and evening

Day
Day time looks can be a little tired and plain. For a great twist, ditch the over-used black liner for a daring electric blue; try Superslick Liquid Eyeliner by MAC in ‘Signature Blue’. You could even go for a purple or green if you’re feeling adventurous. For a more soft approach, tease your lash line with a coloured eye shadow rather than liner. Go for a natural shimmery gold for a base over your eyelid, this will catch the light and add depth to your day look. Try the new Urban Decay Naked 3 pallette to find your perfect shade.

daytime beauty shoot

For your face, go for a matte foundation to even out the shimmer on your eyes, we love Clean Finish Matte Foundation by Rimmel. A light dusting of a light pink blusher on the apples of your cheeks will give you a clean and fresh look, perfect for any day!

Evening
For a bold evening look don’t be afraid to do both lips and eyes. Using black and brown shades across the lid and into the socket softens what would usually be considered a harsh look, and using a thin black liner in the lash line allows for impact without too much drama. Go for khol pencil for an even softer look, we love Rimmel Soft Khol Kajal Eye Pencil, try in black or brown. A soft dark eye means you can go big with false eyelashes, try Eylure Naturalites Natural Texture False Eyelashes for a dramatic yet more subtle look.

night look beauty shootPhotos: Moji Adegbile

For the foundation, embrace a shimmery look for evening, layer on both a pink blush and a bronzer just above the cheekbone to add some delicate contouring. A red lip is an evening staple – a pillar box red suits almost everyone but go a bit darker for a vampier vibe; we love MAC’s Ruby Woo for its matte finish.

28/01/2014

ellasharp

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31