A bloody good fundraiser from Cheer Dance

With a National Champion title behind them, and the winners of UEA’s Sports Club of the Month, it’s hard to think what the Angels could possibly do next! Yet, evidently, they don’t seem to show signs of stopping. The club is in the midst of planning their biggest charity fundraiser ever, calling on other UEA sports clubs to see if they have what it takes to Cheer Dance in an LCR event to remember!

Joe Skeet, Student Sport Coordinator, encourages students to buy tickets to ‘support the Bloody Good Period Charity’ and furthermore commends the club for ‘putting so much time and effort into raising money for such a fantastic cause.’

So You Think You Can Cheer Dance? will display some of the university’s most notable teams and challenge them to learn a fun, fast-paced, pom routine to perform in a live competition. The event is in aid of Bloody Good Period, which as a currently all female club, the Angels felt very passionately about.

A representative of the charity spoke with us to say: ‘We’re bloody outraged that period poverty should exist and events like this one help to spread the word about the issue, as well as raising vital funds to help us buy more pads for more people- because no-one should have to use a rag or sock, or go without products they need. Everyone deserves a bloody good period- thank you Angels for making it happen!’

So make sure you come and show your support!

The event is taking place on Tuesday the 19th of March 6:00-8:00 in the LCR, tickets are available now through the uea.su website!

12/03/2019

Abbey Hancock

March 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031