Home of the Wonderful

Bloody Good Period UEA

We are Bloody Good Period UEA! Bloody Good Period is a nationwide charity which tackles period poverty by providing menstrual products and more to society’s poorest, mainly focusing on asylum seekers and refugees. We aim to carry on their phenomenal work here at UEA. We are the charity’s first university society and hope to set a great example so others can follow in our footsteps. Join us this year to be part of an amazing cause!

In the past year, we have held fortnightly talks titled Strings Attached to raise awareness on and educate on issues surrounding periods, such as period poverty, the psychological effects of menstruation, and how to have a sustainable period. We have now launched this as a podcast on Spotify!  

In November, we completed the Refugee Ration Challenge where we ate the rations of a Syrian refugee for seven days. As a result, we raised a total of £900 for Bloody Good Period! We have also collaborated with the Intuition Blogs society on pieces such as polycystic ovary syndrome, endometriosis, and periods and the environment. 

We also launched the Menstruation Station on Floor 01 of the library, in collaboration with the 2020/21 Women’s Officer, Briony Randell, to provide free period products to UEA students. We have provided a donation bin in the SU shop for people to donate period products to be placed at the menstruation station. To end the year, we won Rising Society of the Year and Fundraiser of the Year at the uea(su) STARs awards!

This year, we hope to organise lots of different events and fundraisers which continue to help fight period poverty, educate people on periods and period poverty, and to provide FREE PERIOD PRODUCTS ACROSS CAMPUS! Join today to be part of UEA history!

14/09/2021

Bloody Good Period UEA

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031