This is a sweet potato take on the classic stuffed jackets. You can use baking potatoes if you’d prefer, or if you have an oven, you can also do this with butternut squash – just ramp the cooking time to one hour, place back in the oven rather than under the grill, and double the bacon, garlic and cheese.
1 medium sweet potato
2 rashers of smokey bacon
1 handful of grated cheese
1 clove of garlic chopped or half a teaspoon of Lazy Garlic
1) Scrub the potato to get rid of any dirt, then pierce it with a fork all over the skin.
2) Place the potato in the microwave on a high heat for ten minutes, turning halfway through.
3) Whilst waiting for your potato, grill or fry your bacon then cut into centimetre squares and set aside.
4) Fry your garlic, either using the fat from your bacon or in a small amount of butter.
5) Once your potato is done, slice it in half and scoop out the middle, leaving 0.5 cm of flesh around the edge.
6) Mash the scooped out potato with the bacon, garlic and three-quarters of the grated cheese.
7) Stuff back into the potatoes and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
8) Place under the grill for two minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to take colour.