TV

Broadchurch: the TV thriller returning this February

The ITV thriller is moving away from the murder mystery angle and entering a new realm of investigating sexual abuse. Broadchurch fans are currently waiting the return of the show for its third series to be released later this February.

Carefully thought out and executed, the executive producer Jane Featherstone has said that the show is set three years on from the last series, five years on from the start. This will not be a rushed and poorly devised program because Chris Chibnall, the series writer has said that it is not about another body on another beach. Rather, Chibnall is in the process of producing television drama that is sensitive and appropriate, with a different type of story that is set in the same world. It is taking a completely different approach by looking at a different kind of crime, shedding light on sexual assault as an offense that is not taken lightly.

There is so much to look forward to with David Tennant starring as the irascible Alec Hardy alongside Olivia Colman, who is playing DS Ellie Miller. These two adored television actors return with the supporting cast Arthur Darvill (vicar Paul Coates) as well as Jodie Whittaker and Andrew Buchan, who played the role of Danny’s bereaved parents, Beth and Mark. In the previous series they gave an emotional performance and it is exciting to welcome their return later this month.

Season three is set to be the most diverse and emotionally stimulating show yet as former Coronation Street star Julie Hesmondalgh, who plays Trish, the victim of the assault is the main focus of the show. Bringing a familiar actress into a thrilling, crime setting is bound to keep fans talking.

Series creator, Chibnall has insisted that the third series of Broadchurch will be the last, with the writer set to replace Steven Moffat as showrunner on Doctor Who from 2018.

It is a show that I am looking forward to that will keep me on the edge of my seat. Shedding a tear or two, it is going to be a series to remember.

19/02/2017

bethpapworth

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3