In case you’ve been living under a rock, Brooklyn Nine Nine is possibly one of the best sitcoms on TV right now. Showing life in the ninety-ninth precinct in the NYPD, Brooklyn Nine Nine is a wonderful balancing act between great comedy and great storytelling. The show utilizes its wonderfully diverse cast to tell great polemic stories that show important issues within our modern society. Perhaps the best example of this would be the season four-episode Moo Moo. Okay, please don’t be fooled by the title of this episode. Moo Moo tackles the horrific fact that Black men can be specifically targeted by police simply because they are Black. It is a horrific issue that plagues our society and the fact that Brooklyn used its platform to highlight it to the masses should be commended. What’s more interesting is that the episode does not particularly finish with a happy ending. Whilst the corrupt officer is reprimanded as a result of his actions, Terry (the victim of the abuse) is systematically punished for standing up against racial prejudice. It is this ending that mirrors the true nature of our society: even when someone fights for their rights, they are still ultimately a victim to society. Brooklyn Nine Nine is a wonderful show and I implore you to give it a watch.