Deputy Editors' Column

Campus is alive with the sound of music

As I walked through Union House last week, the smell of jerk curry by the popular Patience Unazi food stand – seving West African and Afro Caribbean food – was unmistakable. And how wonderful it was to see campus alive and buzzing once more, with the unmissable sound and sight of human connection.

Last week, The Drama and Musical Theatre Society hosted its renowned ‘Pants’ events, hosted by Charlie Bench and Greg Clark. Attendees were greeted with a boystorous energy, matched by the extraordinary singing of performers. Included in the act were Rosie Hastings, Publicity Officer, singing from Les Miserables with president Lillian Carver. The lecture theatre arrupted with cheering and applause, just as it used to before Covid took away our ability to assemble together.

Campus is waking up from a long and desperately unpleasant nightmare. The SU bar has been filling up with freshers and returners alike. The reopening of Ziggy’s has given Campus Kitchen a more vibrant, bustling feel. Concrete is back after a full year of printing restrictions. I’m also delighted to confirm a discount code is hidden somewhere within our pages, an opportunity to get 50% off any hot drink purchased at Unio. Read carefully.

05/10/2021

Sam Gordon Webb

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031