Charity Rugby match to take place at UEA

On Saturday 16th March, the annual Potter Legacy Cup will take place at Colney Lane, raising money for two charities.

The Potter Legacy Cup is the result of a collaboration between UEA Sport, UEA men’s and women’s Rugby clubs and UEA Touch Rugby. The match is played in honour of David Potter, UEA men’s Rugby president 1982-83, who passed away from a brain tumour in 2015.

The event will raise funds for both the Brain Tumour Charity and Moth in a China Shop, a Norfolk charity founded four years ago to remember rugby player Arthur Mason who died in a farming accident at the age of just 21.

They say: ‘The charity exists to provide education and support in areas where sport and nutritional awareness is not well established, or rehabilitation programmes and equipment is required. We hope for a world where all can enjoy and have the opportunity to play and learn about sports and health.’

The event will take place across the day, with a fun charity match for both men and women before activities are continued during the game between UEA’s Trojans team and Dereham.

The mixed charity match will be a fun affair that requires players to wear their favourite dresses, with rules based on touch rugby and a few surprises thrown in.

The charity match will begin at midday. More information is available here. https://www.facebook.com/events/380841096090188/

12/03/2019

Tony Allen