Christmas Favourite: Elf

Elf is my favourite Christmas film. Elf was made in 2003, and to this day is still one of the greatest Christmas movies to be made. It is a spirited, good-natured family comedy, and it benefits greatly from Will Ferrell’s funny and charming performance as one of Santa’s biggest helpers. It’s a bit of a rom-com as well as a Christmas movie. 

There is a great mixture of jokes both for adults and kids. The humour works well so the family can all enjoy it together, rather than it being a film just for kids. It’s a wonderful story, and Will Ferrell, playing an innocent, child-like, distracted elf who has no clue of the real world, as he goes and searches for his real family. Along the way he spreads Christmas spirit in a city which hasn’t got enough in his eyes. 

I feel like because they never made a sequel is another reason why Elf is still one of the best Christmas films. Sequels can sometimes ruin the first film, as a movie is only as good as its sequels. The movie is celebrated every year with more merchandise coming into high street stores such as Primark and online shops. 

The film is confidently festive and heart-warming. Ultimately, the reason why Elf is the greatest Christmas movie is because it always leaves you with a smile. It’s witty without being vulgar, and there are enough of classic Christmas  songs to get you singing along. 

15/12/2020

Caitlin Telford

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3