After a quiet August, hundreds of excellent bands are set to flock back to the bright lights of Norwich. In a monthly series for Concrete, we bring you the latest and most interesting gigs across Norwich.

The Night Café – The Waterfront

The Night Café, with all of their indie credentials, are coming to The Waterfront on the 25th of September. Hailing from Liverpool, they are sure to make you bop and sway with their easy going sound and infectious hooks. 25/09/19

Richard Hawley – LCR 

Sheffield’s baritone behemoth stops by on the 4th  October to play what’s sure to be a melodic set. Best known for his albums named after Sheffield locale (Coles Corner, Lady’s Bridge to name but a few), his latest release, Further, blends more of Hawley’s influences, from Elvis Presley to Roy Orbison and the late Scott Walker, Hawley is the master of reinventive retro pop done with outstanding musicianship. 04/10/19

Gary Numan – LCR 

The legendary musician, dubbed the father of synth pop, Gary Numan takes to the stage at the LCR. An artist with a boundless amount of influence, Numan’s oeuvre is packed with ground-breaking gems including ‘M.E.’, ‘Music for Chameleons’ and the seminal hit ‘Cars’. His strive to be on the fringe of every musical movement makes him one of the most mesmerising artists of all time. 08/10/19. 

Black Flag – The Waterfront

A surprise announcement given the small scope of their tour, the infamous Black Flag are coming to the Waterfront in October. Despite their lineup changes, they are as threatening as ever. Known for pushing the boundaries of punk-rock and influencing the hardcore punk scene, their visceral sound creates anarchic live shows. 09/10/19

Snapped Ankles – Norwich Arts Centre 

Anonymous eco-synth band Snapped Ankles are one of the key highlights. With a newly beefed-sound system at NAC thrown into the mix, their spine-shaking synth-punk will sound even bigger than usual. 15/10/19

Black Honey – The Waterfront

As part of the Wild Paths series of gigs, Black Honey are heading back along the A11 to Norwich. Almost marking the exact anniversary of their last trip, their slick-60s indie-pop has energy in spades. With silky vocals and guitars that can both growl and purr, it’ll be an incredibly engaging set. 19/10/19