Competitions

Competition: Words and Women

Are you a woman? Do you write prose? Do you not write prose but think you can have a stab at it for the chance to win £600? Then quick, it’s not too late to enter Words and Women’s 2014 competition!

You can write anything so long as it’s prose – so that’s fiction, creative non-fiction, memoir or life writing – and up to 2,200 words long. Then email or post it to Words and Women and wait for judges Lynne Bryan and Amanda Greenwood, the organisers of Words and Women, and Sarah Ridgard, the author of Seldom Seen, to get back to you! Or not.

If you win you’ll get £600 – perfect to put towards tuition fees or a truly epic night on the town – and if you’re in the shortlisted top twenty your work will be published in the anthology Words and Women: Two and you could even get asked to read at International Women’s Day in March!

So long as you’re over 16, live in the East of England and a woman (the clue’s in the title really) you can send in as many entries as you like. Each one will cost you a tenner though, so make sure it’s your best stuff. The closing date’s 15th November 2014, so you’d best get your skates on!

For full details go to the Words and Women website! (Gosh, that’s a lot of w’s.)

11/11/2014

daisyjones

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31