Concrete shortlisted for 2015 SPA Awards

We are thrilled to announce that Concrete and Venue have been shortlisted in eight categories in the SPA Awards, with more announcements on their way later on today.

Concrete as a publication has been shortlisted for Best Publication and Best Website following a complete overhaul of both the brand and website this academic year. We have also been shortlisted for Best Use of Digital Media for the presentation of our digital archive. In the category of Best Design, we have three shortlisted entries for the KAOS Supplement, The Birthday Party and Venue.

In the category of Best Entertainment Piece, Peter Sheehan has been shortlisted for his article Concrete does EurovisionFurthermore, Holly McDede has been shortlisted for her piece Unplugging UEA’s sound pioneers, and Adam White for Hip hop through the white face.

Editor-in-Chief, Geri Scott, has been shortlisted for an Outstanding Commitment Award, whilst Photography Co-editor and Online Administrator Will Cockram has been shortlisted in the category of Best Student Photographer.

The full shortlist can be found on the SPA website, and winners will be announced at the SPA National Conference in mid-April.

18/03/2015

geriscott With a blood to caffeine ratio of around 50/50, you can usually find Geri in the media hub nursing a cup of tea. After writing for the newspaper for every issue in her second year, Geri will now be balancing her final year of her Politics degree with running Concrete and working in the Union House reception. She is also the President of the Concrete committee.

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031