Fashion, OldVenue

Coral Kisses and Peachy Pouts

Venue has picked the best of the high street to help you get to grips with this summer’s ultimate lip colour, orange. We have got something for everyone, from a bashful lick of balm to an ‘I-just-snogged-Tropicana’ pout.
We love how effortless a lip-stain can look, and New York Colour’s Orange on the Go stain has a felt-tip that makes application a dream. You could always enhance your lip-stain with the 3D Effect Gloss by Bourjois. We have used this on our model Kerry, and it is a really subtle way to introduce an unusual colour into your makeup. You can apply the stain as sheer as you like and then glam it up with the gloss.

IMG_5751Photo: Concrete Photography – Moji Adegbile
Model: Kerry Johnson
Make up: Elley West

If you are unsure whether an orange tone would work for you, then let this product show you the power of orange. One super-long title coming up: Revlon Colourburst Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm. The ‘Rendezvous’ shade looks very bright in the barrel but applies as a gentle coral. The balm-texture can be built up to provide a wash of orange colour, but is coral enough to ease you into the trend. For a really modern look, earlier this year Revlon introduced two new varieties of their balm stains, and we love the new Matte stain in the shade ‘Audacious’ for a super strong tangerine lip that is so hip. (Can you tell we couldn’t rhyme anything with orange? Trust me we did try…)

You’ve made it through the lengthy dissertations and late-night revision sessions to graduation, so now it’s time for a new challenge, what to wear for the big day? Your graduation photos will undoubtedly be passed around grandparents and extended family and will undoubtedly work their way into a prime place on the mantel piece so looking good is key, but don’t fear, we have all the tips you need for graduation outfit success.

For those girls that think their only statement lip colour is red, welcome your new best friend. An intense, true orange colour can look amazing for a formal event and will let you stand out from the crowd without being too intense, and we have a winner of a lipstick for you: Topshop’s Infrared is truly on fire. Coming in at only £8 it is a strong dupe for MAC’s famous Morange, both being true oranges with a slightly red base so that it is familiar and also exotic. To give maximum oomph, apply a lip tint underneath and then several swipes of the lipstick. This will look really amazing on those of you who know warm tones will work well with you- on dark skin it looks especially beautiful!

Bonus beauty buy

Tony Moly is a Korean brand, but can easily be found online in the UK, and not only is their packaging super cute their products are also outstanding quality. Their Cat Chu Wink Lip Tint in Orange ChaCha gives a really strong colour and as an added bonus smells and tastes of orange too; it’s the ultimate citrus kiss!

13/05/2014

elleywest

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31