Arts, Competitions, OldVenue

Enter the Dance Direct Student Ballet Dancer of the Year award

As far as the various dance forms go, training to become a ballet dancer is potentially among one of the most challenging programmes one will ever undergo. To achieve perfection, one must be entirely dedicated to the art, and ready to brace oneself against the inevitable falls. It’s often difficult to get noticed within such a competitive field, and knockbacks are a given. This is why it’s so important to have openings for dancers across the country to showcase their talent beyond the confines of the institution where they are training.

The dancewear company Dance Direct is one such benefactor, having recently opened up a competition for dance students across the UK in order to offer young dancers an opportunity to gain recognition throughout the country.

The company itself was founded by two ex-professional ballet dancers and is now Europe’s largest dancewear retailers. Having encountered the pressures of working in the professional field, they understand the challenges facing young dancers hoping to break out into the touring circuit. With strong involvement in the professional dance world, and with ties to the Royal Ballet and English National Ballet, Dance Direct hopes to encourage young performers to excel by nurturing young talent.

The winner of The Student Ballet Dancer of the Year prize will receive £250 worth of Dance Direct vouchers to buy all the dancewear they need, plus a featured article about themselves on the Dance Direct blog. The article will be shared with over 86,000 Facebook fans, and with more than 4,000 Twitter followers. It could be the makings of a current dance student’s career.

The competition will close on the 30th June.

For more information, see here.

10/06/2014

katiekemp As a final year Literature and Philosophy student, Katie can be found either with her head buried in a pile of books, or planning the next trip abroad. She enjoys discovering new places, and has been known to jump on a train at a moment’s notice. Sometimes she might be a little over-ambitious, but she’s always willing to step up to a new challenge.

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3