Before Easter, UEA Ballet, UEA Dance Squad and UEA Tap had their most successful competition season yet, competing at the University of Surrey, the University of Manchester and the University of Northampton. Across all three clubs, and all three competitions, we won a combined total of 20 trophies (six 1st places, four 2nd places, five 3rd places), including special awards such as Best Team Spirit, Best Overall Club, Judges’ Choice, and our Advanced Ballet Choreographer, Mion Yu, won Best Female Dancer twice. All teams competed incredibly well and to such a high standard, which was evidenced not only through the many trophies that we received, but also through the positive and encouraging comments we received from many of the professional dancer judges at each competition. We all really loved getting the opportunity to finally perform our routines on stage after months of hard work, and we had so much fun visiting other parts of the country all together representing UEA.

LATE NEWS: UEA Ballet had an even better end to their season as they scooped several awards at the UEA Sport awards ceremony on Friday evening. They won the coveted Club of the Year title, plus the Take a Stand award for inclusivity in sport and Team of the Year for advanced Ballet. They also came runners-up in the Outreach and Community, and Committee of the Year awards. Amie Dutton and Camille Verrier were awarded club colours to round off an incredible evening for UEA Ballet.