TV

Doctor Who – The Day of The Doctor – preview

It’s nearly time to break out those bow-ties, brown coats, long multi-coloured scarves – even a fez if you have one (fezzes are cool!) – because Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary is just around the corner. On the 23rd of November, loyal Whovians all over the world will get the chance to watch The Day of the Doctor. Doctor Who was first broadcast in 1963 at 5:15pm on Saturday 23rd November.

The Day of the Doctor

At 9am on Friday 25th October, 2013, tickets for the 50th Anniversary simultaneous 3D cinema screenings of The Day of the Doctor went on sale; and within 6 hours, the 216 participating cinemas in the UK and Ireland were already selling out. If you missed out on tickets, however, all is not lost. The special will also be broadcast on BBC1 at the same time cinema-goers enjoy the spectacle. According to online sources, the TV broadcast has been sold to around 80 countries – making it the biggest ever global drama simulcast.

International Doctor Who fans can therefore enjoy this historic event from their homes as well as in cinemas – all at the same time as BBC1 airs the UK broadcast.

Story details are sketchy, but Executive Producer/Writer Steven Moffat has promised: “Something happens to [the Doctor]… that changes the way he will adventure from now on… This is where the story really starts. This is where he finds his mission, finds his destiny… We’re not fibbing – this one is going to change the course of the series.”

05/11/2013

lucyrivers

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031