East Anglian Book Awards

East Anglia has announced its finalists for the East Anglia Book Awards. The finalists are currently being assessed by varying judges per category, revealing their results for the ceremony on Friday 23 November 2018.

With over 50 published works submitted, the shortlist has been rounded down to 18 titles across six categories. Of the various works submitted, three originate from UEA. This esteemed award is going to be offering a main prize of £1,000, supplied by the PACCAR foundation.
One of the highly esteemed and selected judges for the Poetry category is to be one of our very own UEA academic members of staff, Professor Tiffany Atkinson.
Shortlisted for the category is UEA graduate Matt Howard, whose time in UEA’s advanced diploma scheme allowed him to develop connections with Norwich’s writing world in order to produce Gall. Another previous student, English Literature and Creative Writing graduate Mitch Johnson, has also written a children’s story entitled Kick.
Head of Education and Research and Deputy Director for the Sainsbury’s Centre for Visual Arts, Veronica Sekules, has been shortlisted for a general non-fiction piece, titled Cultures of the Countryside: Art, Museum, Heritage, Environment 1970-2015. This book has been written to try and identify links between the environment and people.
Chris Gribble, the Chief Executive for the award, is very optimistic for this year’s contestants and finalists, stating that ‘the stories […] show our region flourishing imaginatively and full of confidence for the future.’

22/10/2018

Rebekah Woolmer

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
  • 1
    Cookies
    Not for me
  • 2
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    We are facing a climate catastrophy, the translation or proofreading could have been done online. Decolonising seems to be used to justify all sorts of things, including bad ones like…
  • 3
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    New forms of saviourism -it never ends this perpetuating of the Global South being something that needs visits from those good-willed who want to "help" from the Global North. It…