Editor's column

Editor’s column – 9 October

So somehow it’s already week three, and the hazy days of freshers already seem like the distant past. It wasn’t hangovers nursed in the Concrete office this production weekend, but some tragic resurgence of 18th-century consumption disguised as freshers’ flu.

Still, we have managed to soldier on regardless, and there’s another great issue for you to read alongside your sympathy-sized box of tissues. Or maybe you will just use it as an extra blanket now that temperatures have plummeted. Whatever you choose to do with it, there’s a real mixed-bag of articles, from a comment piece on Mitt Romney’s vagina to a features article praising the delights of Mercy and Flange on a Thursday night. And if that’s not surreal enough, turn to page five for an introduction to UEA’s very own Norwich Nifflers.

Today also sees the launch of The Concrete Show over on Livewire 1350, so tune into our managing editor and president Chris Teale every week at 4.30pm, or download the podcast online.

And, like a campus-wide media society conglomerate, we will also be seeing the introduction of vox pops to Concrete Online, courtesy of UEA: TV. So if you’re in the Square and you’re approached by someone with a microphone and a camera asking what you think of the new quidditch team, try not to be too alarmed, and I promise you’re not imagining things.

Have a fantastic week.

09/10/2012

amyadams

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031