TV

Elsewhere on TV…

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (17 Jan)

By the same team who brought us The People vs O.J. Simpson comes this second instalment (under the very vague anthology title ‘American Crime Story’) focussing on the murder of Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace. While season one focused on O.J. Simpson, it also made urgent parallels with racism. This season looks like it will examine, as well as the assassination, homophobia in society too. If this is even half the show of its previous season, viewers can look forward to slick direction, intriguing characters and great performances.

Waco (24 Jan)

Another true crime drama, this tells the horrific yet fascinating account of the Waco siege – a standoff between the Branch Davidians, led by the cult leader David Koresh, and the American law enforcement, which lasted 51 days in Texas. With such an interesting premise and the always brilliant Michael Shannon leading the cast, this might be one of the stellar shows to kick off TV in 2018.

30/01/2018

D.Struthers

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031