TV, Venue

End of the F****ing World Review

The End of the F***ing World is a British dark comedy-drama television programme, based on a graphic novel of the same name by Charles Forsman. The series follows the characters of James (Alex Lawther), a psychopath, and Alyssa (Jessica Barden), a rebellious classmate who sees in James a chance to escape from her life at home. We left the characters at the end of season one running away from the police with James running across the beach. 

At the beginning of season two, we are introduced to a new character, Bonnie, who is a love interest of Clive Koch, whom James had killed. We see that she has a picture of Alyssa with her, which makes us question what the link is between the two. This episode is based on the background information on the character of Bonnie, who had loving parents, but her mother had high expectations of her. However, her mindset takes a turn and she begins to adopt similar psychopathic traits to James as we see her cut another girl’s hair. 

After failing her exams, she gets a job at a university as a librarian and puts herself into Dr Clive Koch’s class and this is where their relationship begins. Bonnie discovers another girl in Clive’s house and gets jealous and murders her. She is then sent to prison. 

The episode ends with Bonnie knocking on the door asking for Alyssa. She discovered, while in prison, that her and James were suspects due to the newspaper, but we are left with a cliffhanger as we don’t see who answered the door. We’re left with the intention that Bonnie is wanting to kill her. 

19/11/2019

Caitlin Telford

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930