Every body is a pole body – UEA Pole-A-Thon

The annual 24-hour Pole-a-thon will be held from 7am on Tuesday 3 December all the way through to 7am on Wednesday 4th in the hive.

We will be raising money for the eating disorder charity BEAT who we have worked with for the past 2 years on this same event.

People passing by can donate £1 – or however much they would like – to try out pole, this year we have done it in first semester so, if it turns out you love pole you can try to grab one of our new beginner spaces going on sale in January!

BEAT is an eating disorder charity founded in 1989. Their aim is to be there to support anyone affected by an eating disorder, whether it’s the person experiencing the eating disorder themselves or their close family and friends.

They want to destigmatise illnesses, as well as offer as much support as possible through helplines which are accessible 365 days a year, and also offer awareness training in schools and workplaces.

As body confidence and positivity is such a big part of our pole fitness club, we feel that BEAT is a really important charity for us to support.

As said, this will be the 3rd year we are doing this event, over the past 2 years we have raised over £700 for charity and hope to massively add to this total this year!

During our 24 hours there, alongside pole we will have a bake sale during the day where all sales will also go to BEAT.

Art society will be joining us between 6pm and 8pm, for some speed life drawing of the members on the pole.

Adding to the importance of body confidence in our club, we have a new social media campaign launching called ‘Every Body is a Pole Body’ to demonstrate that no matter who you are or what body type you have you can do pole.

So, even if you don’t think you can do pole, for whatever reason, come along to the hive on the 3rd December and try because you’d probably surprise yourself.

03/12/2019

Bethan Reid