Made up from two halves, Sunrise and Sunset, ‘Everyday Life’ features sixteen outstanding songs. It’s Coldplay’s newest album released on 22 November. The album comes four years after ‘A Head Full of Dreams’, and features a mix of instrumentals, gospels and experimental music. This album exceeds expectations by encompassing everything from classic Coldplay vibes, to new sounds to create a unique and culturally diverse sounding collection. 

My personal favourite on the album is ‘Church’, which immediately stuck out for me from the very first note. It has a lovely opening which reminds me a little of ‘Adventure of a Lifetime’ and has the same powerful sound. The guitars are beautiful, and I love the lyrics and how they are blended into the music. The chorus and bridge are sung and produced so effectively and are standouts from the entire album. 

Coldplay experiment on this album, particularly with an emphasis on political messages. ‘Guns’ is a powerful song which discusses gun violence in America. Lyrics such as ‘the judgment of this court is we need more guns’ echo modern-day political views, and the song is one of the most relevant and important ones from the album. ‘Trouble in Town’ explores racial inequality and though the lyrics are simple, the message comes across clearly. The songs are such powerful food for thought. ‘Champion of the World’ is a touching tribute to the late Frightened Rabbit frontman Scott Hutchison. The song discusses the issues of depression.  These songs are the most important on the album, and I applaud Coldplay for raising these issues. 

Coldplay has delivered a sensational album that celebrates and explores all parts of life. ‘Everyday Life’ is so important and will be one of the best things you’ve listened to all year. The album is a message from Coldplay about the world around us and inspires a reflective tone on the world and how we should be living and treating others.