The fresh fruit, nuts and jalepeños make this an exotic take on a traditional nachos recipe.
Photograph: Rebecca Layland
- One bag of tortilla chips
- 100g of grated cheddar cheese
- One can of mixed beans, washed and drained
- One bag of dried mixed fruit
- One bag of mixed nuts
- Fresh fruit such as pomegranate, strawberries or raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips over the bottom of the dish and sprinkle half of the mixed beans on top. Cover with half of the cheese.
- Cover with another layer of tortilla chips and scatter the remaining beans on top.
- Sprinkle the nuts and dried fruits on top of the beans and finish with the jalapeños and remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once removed from oven, place fresh fruit on top and serve from the dish.