Sportspark improvement plans announced

The Norwich Sportspark has revealed it will reinvest £1.3 million into the facility based at the University of East Anglia. Under the plans endorsed by Sport England, the existing fitness centre will be considerably extended and supplied with top-of-the-range Life Fitness equipment.

2948865620

Photo: EDP

The funding boost will create a ‘functional training studio’ while new equipment will enable the introduction of group activities. The facilities changing rooms will also undergo a refurbishment.

Phil Steele, director of sport, said: “We are excited to be able to carry out our extensive plans to further improve the Sportspark for all visitors. We already offer facilities which are the envy of other sports centres around the country, and we wanted to ensure that the fitness centre matches and even surpasses these high standards.

“Not only will the additional space and equipment allow more people to use the fitness centre at busy times, but it will create new roles for existing and potential new staff when proposed new programmes are up and running. And the other refurbishment work will improve visitors’ overall experience.”

The overhaul is expected to begin later this week, with changes to be unveiled in January 2014.

21/10/2013

andrewansell

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031