Fashion

A guide to fashion blogging

Inspiration can be found anywhere, even the simplest object or mood can inspire the perfect outfit. Blogs that inspire people to look, and more importantly, feel, great are springing up all over the web.

LFW 2012

Where could you find your muse? Enter top London fashion blogger Carrie of wishwishwish.net. Just as much a lover of a good slice of cake as vintage fashion this 22-year-old, cute-as-a-button dresser is one to watch  From quaint winter collections with clean cut macs to snuggly jumpers, she creates a delightful mishmash of her own personal touch while remaining on trend.

What is to be learnt from Carrie’s wisdom?

Don’t be afraid to show an outfit you really love, even if you think nobody else will. Fashion blogging is all about the personal touch, hence the freedom to be able to show anything you want. Get dolled up in the perfect dress and those heels you snagged from that vintage fair years back and let the world see your creation. From the strangest corners of our lives can come the makings of a perfect piece, such as flowers, seasons, emotion, celebrities, animals and even insects.

When I stumbled across Carrie it was a selection of photographs of tulips, in all shapes and sizes, and crisp spring glory, that had me hooked. The photos triggered a range of spring looks: crisp white shirts with bold-coloured a line skirts. Simple, sexy and chic, and all from a bunch of flowers.

Find your creation from a fashion blog this season. Better yet, create your own blog and share your outfits and inspiration. Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram have made it easier than ever to start. The sky is truly the limit and you never know what you could discover or what you could do for someone else’s look. Try your hand, you never know who you could inspire.

29/01/2013

rebeccaevns