Now, prior to 2015 the scariest thing I saw was the final Hunger Games film. (very embarrassing, I know) I am very much a scaredy cat. Over the past 4 years I have been delving into horror with my hands over my eyes. It wasn’t until 2017 that I found perhaps my favorite horror to date. 

IT is based on the 1986 novel of the same name. It tells the story of the losers club as they battle the absolutely horrific Pennywise ‘the dancing clown.’ What I love about it is its sense of humour. Through jokes, you fall in love with the losers and it really demonstrates the connection these friends have. The most obvious reason as to why I love the humour in this film is it gives scaredy cats like me a chance to recover. You are not stuck in a horror and gore fest for two hours, you are given a chance to witness friends with a genuine connection joke around as they try to solve the mystery of Pennywise. 

However, do not be fooled, the horror in this film (for me) is terrifying and has to be watched with a cover over my eyes. Each fright is personalised to each character giving you a slight peek into their psyche and freaks you out in the process. It is a fantastic film. Perfect for horror fans and scaredy cats alike and a perfect Halloween film.