My film pick of the year? It definitely goes to Marvel’s Avengers Endgame, the films wraps the 11 years, 22 films and 80 years of comic history. It became the highest-grossing film of all time, as well as the second highest-grossing film of all time in the United States and Canada. Endgamefollows on from Infinity War where Thanos ‘snaps’ away 50% of all living creatures on earth. Throughout the film we see how each character comes to terms with the loss of others and tries to rectify it. Endgame is filled with brilliant moments of fan service, for example when retrieving the stones back in time, we are taken back to previous films (Avengers Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, Thor etc). I’m a big Marvel fan myself so this film was very monumental for me personally. It is an emotional rollercoaster for the MCU fans considering the death of Tony Stark but also Natasha Romanoff, and Captain America retiring and giving his shield and mantle on to Sam Wilson (the Falcon). It could be argued that the MCU will never be the same. 

Fans anticipate what is next for the remaining Avengers and who will take over from Iron Man. This is a question which has been left for debate as with the release of Spiderman Far From Home are we to believe that Peter Parker (aka Spiderman) will take his place? Or is there the possibility that Marvel could set up his daughter, Morgan, to take her father’s place? The film is a top pick of the year for me personally, as it was the ending of a ‘generation-spanning’ saga, and the film, as well as the rest of the saga, will be shown to the generations yet to come.