First extend discount

First Bus operator for Eastern Counties is extending a concessionary fare promotion until the end of January.  Pass holders have been able to enjoy this as part of the national concession travel scheme and can now buy discounted single tickets valid between 8:30am and 9:30am on weekdays. This month, English National Concession Bus Pass holders will be charged the same amount, which is a 30 per cent discount on the normal adult fare.

David Jordan, marketing manager at First Eastern Counties, said: “We introduced this offer after feedback from passengers and drivers alike, and the response has been phenomenal”. Although this promotion was originally introduced only for December, the high demand for single tickets led First bosses to extend the discount until January 31st. Also on offer is the five for £5 deal throughout January where a group of up to five people are able to travel all day in any chosen First Eastern Counties areas for a small amount. Although, for this offer there is a maximum number of two adults of 20 and over.

Normally, the fixed rate for one return ticket on a 25 First Bus from Riverside & Rail Station to the University, via City Centre and Unthank Road is £3.00 for a young person’s ticket, which students are saying is too expensive.

Some UEA students have complained about the high cost of First Bus tickets. Currently, a UEA Annual Norwich unlimited travel pass costs £215.

Second year History student, Kate Brownlee, says that bus fares “should be less for those who do not use the bus regularly and should be flexible, especially when considering the number of academic weeks students actually needs a bus pass.”

17/01/2017

AmandaNg

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930