Travel

Five great hotels in Norwich

Norwich is such a great city to explore; it cannot be covered in just one day which is why tourists often book several days in a hotel when visiting.

Maids Head Hotel

The Maids Head Hotel is famous for being the oldest hotel in the United Kingdom, existing for over 800 years now. Situated in the city centre, the hotel’s location is ideal for tourists. The architecture is a wonder itself, showcasing its evolution from the Tudor, Georgian and Jacobean style. There is also a restaurant, The WinePress, which has been awarded two AA Rosettes. Maids Head Hotel also caters for weddings, boasting beautiful and unique reception rooms, delicious catering and planners that accommodate every need. Although on the pricey side, the historical hotel has a four-star rating and is worth every penny.

Broadview Lodge

Found on the UEA campus, Broadview Lodge is great for students and visiting relatives. With included parking, the Lodge is accessible for all visitors. Granting a discount to students and relatives of students, Broadview Lodge is ideal for those coming for a short visit and do not want to spend a fortune. The rooms also offer great views, overlooking the lake on campus. Breakfast at the campus canteen can be included, depending on your needs. With friendly staff, Broadview Lodge is comfortable and an excellent value for money. If you are looking for a simple hotel close to campus, Broadview Lodge is your hotel.

Norwich Nelson City Centre Hotel

Part of the chain of Premier Inn hotels, the Nelson City Centre Hotel is convenient as it is close to the train station and offers a view of the River Wensum. The hotel offers a range of amenities such as free high-speed wifi, a restaurant, a bar/lounge, wheelchair access and multilingual staff. It’s a great hotel if you have a budget. There is also a car park available for those travelling by car. As it is situated in the city centre, the hotel is convenient as a range of restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

The Georgian Townhouse

Found on Unthank Road, The Georgian Townhouse is a quirky and romantic hotel that describes itself as a ‘hidden city oasis where you can come to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life’. Primarily a bar and restaurant, The Georgian Townhouse also offers 22 boutique bedrooms. In these rooms, you can find internet televisions, coffee machines, fridges, and so forth. Going along with the theme of escaping from the outside world, the rooms are designed to take you away from reality. Like the Maids Head Hotel, The Georgian Townhouse is on the more expensive side but again, worth the expense.

Holiday Inn Norwich

Close to the city centre, Holiday Inn Norwich is perfect for those travelling on a budget. Ideal for both business and leisure travellers, this hotel offers an extensive range of utilities. Equipped with air-conditioners and high speed wifi, there are also conference rooms and public areas available. In addition, children eat and stay for free. The hotel also has a gym, spa, sauna, and a heated swimming pool. Their restaurant serves a full buffet breakfast to prepare tourists for their day. For those travelling by car, Holiday Inn Norwich also has free parking.

Of course, there are many more hotels in Norwich but if you are looking for a pleasant experience, these are the ones to check out!

19/11/2018

AmyNewbery