Gaming

Forspoken to Be Delayed – Will it Be Worth the Wait?

Forspoken has been heralded as an ambitious role-player game by Square Enix. They describe how “Forspoken follows the journey of Frey, a young New Yorker transported to the beautiful and cruel land of Athia. In search of a way home, Frey must use her newfound magical abilities to traverse sprawling landscapes and battle monstrous creatures.” Initially set for release in May, the title has now been pushed back to 11th October this year, to allow developer Luminous Productions to “focus all of [their] efforts on polishing the game.” It will be available on PC and PlayStation 5. The question is, will it live up to our expectations?

The production team are aiming for the “highest quality visuals ever”, which is a bold goal to reach for. However, the visuals in the trailer alone are seriously impressive, offering some beautiful scenery, so if they can achieve this for the whole game, it will absolutely be worth it.

I was very impressed by the settings showcased in the trailer, although I must say the characters’ faces threw me off a little because they look so realistic. The team are also aiming for Forspoken to be a game that can be played for years, so we can only hope that it lives up to this – I’m certainly happy to wait longer if it does makes it more worthwhile.

Game delays do make me a little nervous though, I must admit. After waiting eagerly for Cyberpunk 2077, which was delayed three times, once it was released, I took one look at the reviews and decided it wasn’t worth purchasing. The game launch was somewhat of a disaster, with many declaring the game as being unplayable. Initially it too boasted an amazing trailer, and certainly looked like it was headed for success, but nonetheless, it disappointed. 

When it comes to game delays, there isn’t an awful lot we can do except, well, wait. We can only keep our fingers crossed that the developers of Forspoken will successfully deliver, and so far, it appears that they will. Although game delays can be disappointing, I personally would much rather just wait as long as necessary, than buy a game which has been rushed and discover it’s a flop afterwards.

22/03/2022

Holly Jackson

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031