Books, Venue

Four of UEA’s LDC Professors Join the List of Fellows of the Prestigious Royal Society of Literature

The Royal Society of Literature has appointed four of UEA’s own LDC academics. 

On Tuesday 6th July, the RSL announced 44 new appointments, celebrating writers of astounding merit. The 29 new RSL Fellows include Professors Vesna Goldsworthy, Tessa McWatt, and Rebecca 6th. Among the 15 new Honorary Fellows is Emeritus Professor Jon Cook. 

The RSL is a UK charity dedicated to the advancement of Literature, encouraging literary engagement and honouring writers for their contribution. Honorary Fellows are those who have served the society or made significant advancements in the literary world.

Prof. Jon Cook is widely recognised for his work as a critic, writer, and academic. He made history as the supervisor to Fadia Faqir who wrote the first ever doctorate in creative and critical writing. He has lectured around the world and has chaired the international Writing Worlds seminar in Norwich at the National Centre for Writing. 

Prof. Vesna Goldsworthy joined UEA in 2015 as a Professor in Creative Writing, and now supervises PhD projects. Goldsworthy’s poetry collection, ‘The Angel of Salonika’, was the Times Poetry Book of the Year, and two of her works, ‘Chernobyl Strawberries’ and ‘Gorsky’, have been serialised for the BBC.

Prof. Tessa McWatt is a Professor of Creative Writing, and her book ‘Shame On Me: An Anatomy of Race and Belonging’ has won several awards, including the Eccles British Library Award. Her work includes novels, essays, librettos, and a young adult novella.

Prof. Rebecca Stott is a Professor of Literature & Creative Writing, specialising in Feminist Writing and Historical Fiction. Her memoir, ‘In the Days of Rain’, which delved into her life growing up in a cult, won the Costa Biography Prize in 2017. 

On behalf of Concrete, I offer our highest congratulations for this incredible achievement. 

20/07/2021

Louise Collins

1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031