Featured Posts, News

Free WiFi to be installed on 25 and 25A buses

First Bus are introducing new technology on their 25 and 25A blue route buses that will allow passengers to use the internet for free.

Running to and from Norwich Station and UEA, the blue route is a popular form of travel for students and staff of the university, who will now be able to make use of this free internet service provided by First Bus.

Expressing her excitement at the new provision, Dawn Dewar, transport co-ordinator at UEA said: “The introduction of WiFi on UEA bound services allows our staff and students the opportunity to use their smart phones, tablets and laptops to work on-line or be entertained while travelling on the bus’.

The service of internet on these buses follows a trial of the technology on the X1 bus service and is made possible following an investment of £25,000 from First Bus.

The commercial director of First Eastern Counties, Steve Wickers, said “We are committed to delivering better journeys for life and we hope the free WiFi enhances our passengers’ experience when using this service in the city”.

The free WiFi service has been installed over the summer period, meaning that students will be able to use the internet while travelling on their return to university in September. In order to connect to the facility, passengers need to sign up to the portal on first using of the service. Following that, connection to the internet on future journeys is automatic.

25/07/2014

danfalvey Dan Falvey is an undergraduate politics student about to start his second year at UEA. Being an avid tea drinker means that he has the most essential skill needed to be a successful journalist. Outside of his interests in writing and politics, Dan. is also a regular theatre-goer, film geek and most importantly, a supporter of the mighty MK Dons.