Concrete’s editorial team are now back in full swing and hitting campus hard with our sex survey. Pick up a copy beside any stack of the paper.  

Our sex survey issue is already proving to be quite scandalous as our printer’s suppliers refused to print the edition of our saucy supplement. Hearing this made us all giggle, but also made us recognise that the kind of content we are producing is fresh, new and even a bit explicit. But what is student journalism if it doesn’t challenge boundaries and give the people the content they want to see? 

Moving on, as we are approaching summative assessments due in mid-February, I’m constantly reminded that my time at university is fleeting. Before I know it, winter will be done and dusted. Hopefully there will be no more life-threatening storms on the horizon to disrupt more of third year. I’m looking forward to the time spring will be here. Hopefully the change in season will bring along an avalanche of bouncing baby bunny rabbits and fresh green leaves to UEA’s campus. These are some of the reasons why I chose to come and study at UEA. 

Half of me is scared that 2020 is flying by so quickly, the other part of me is quite relieved to be born into the adult world, like a lamb to a meadow. Perhaps that metaphor is too far-fetched to describe myself and my grad job, but I’ll hopefully resemble the bright eyed and bushy tailed aspect of the spring animals when I graduate in July, an event I’m very much looking forward to. Here’s to a fabulous last semester at university.