Gaming, Venue

Games to look forward to: What is coming out in the second half of 2021?

There are still plenty of new releases still to come this year to be excited about. Here, I will dig a little deeper into some of the biggest titles coming.

Next month, Sonic Colours Ultimate will be available across PlayStation 4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch consoles. This nostalgic remaster of Sonic Colours is vibrant and fast-paced, and the trailer certainly brought me back to the original game. It will be great to see this classic once again and I’m sure anyone else who played the original version of this game around ten years ago will agree!

The highly anticipated Battlefield 2042 should be on our screens this October. It will be released on PlayStation 4 and 5, and Xbox. Set in the not-so-distant future, players can join their squad in challenging battles set in new, impressive battlegrounds. This game looks very different to previous editions of Battlefield, featuring robots and much more futuristic looking vehicles and scenes. From the trailer, Battlefield 2042 certainly looks extremely impressive (I have to say it’s the game I’m most excited about myself). It seems fans of the franchise won’t be disappointed.

Far Cry 6 is also due to be released during October, again on PlayStation 4 and 5 as well as Xbox. It is set on a fictional Caribbean island called Yara. Players take on the challenge of fighting against a dictatorship to regain freedom.

Towards the end of October, Mario Party Superstars is out on Nintendo Switch. It revisits some classic boards from previous games and allows players to play minigames or short marathons with friends online or play solo.

In November, we can expect to see Forza Horizon 5 being released. This open world game is set in Mexico, offering players the chance to explore a variety of landscapes including deserts, cities, jungles and even a volcano. Players can engage in lots of different challenges as part of the campaign and join other players in the Horizon Arcade. According to Game, the newest Forza will feature “entirely new game modes” and allow us to customise cars to our hearts’ content.

Also, in November, Just Dance 2022 is coming out on PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. This classic game is the perfect way to make exercise fun or let loose and have a good laugh with your friends and flatmates.

It seems that there isn’t an awful lot coming out in December, but I’m sure all the games mentioned above are plenty to keep gamers busy.

17/08/2021

hollyjackson

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930