Gaming

Gamescom 2020 overview

Gamescom 2020 gave us so much to look forward to, with a crazy amount of highlights despite the online-only nature of the event. Here are the two things from the event I’m most excited for!

Dragon Age 4

Bioware gave us a behind the scenes look at Dragon Age 4, which has been a long time coming– the absolutely huge Dragon Age: Inquisition came out in 2014! Without going into deep spoilers, the game seems to leave off roughly where Inquisition’s Trespasser DLC left off, with plenty of returning figures from that game and the others in the series. Notably, the game will feature the first female playable Qunari character, outside of possibly having your player character be one in Inquisition. It is unclear as of yet whether we’ll be given a true open world or many separate, huge open areas like Inquisition, but I’d be happy with either– and given the amount of time we’ve had to wait, I can only assume the best. We likely still have a while to wait as well, as Covid probably delayed development and a release date is not close to being confirmed.

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

The Lego Star Wars series is one I hold close to my heart, having played the game across several platforms, and The Skywalker Saga looks like it has potential to be the best yet. It will adapt all nine movies of The Skywalker Saga with five story missions each, completable in any order you wish. It will also feature over 500 characters, the majority being playable as well, and heavily revamped combat– a welcome change, especially given the simple nature of the combat in the earlier titles. The game is scheduled for release in early 2021 for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Windows PC.

Whilst there were many other things revealed and expanded on at Gamescom 2020, these two titles stood out to me most. Which ones stood out most to you?

22/09/2020

Jack Oxford

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930