Getting through the exam period

Getting through the exam period at university can be a really stressful time for all students and it can sometimes feel like a really lonely place. Even when the university is brimming with people, it can be difficult to get past that feeling of solitude that comes along with hours spent cooped up in the library, wading through workloads. It doesn’t always seem easy to just get into a positive mood again, especially when everyone is occupied with their own exam troubles. However, there are a few things that you can do to help you get through the period, and make it a little less of a slog to get through.

1.Clear space, clear mind

One of the best ways to make yourself feel instantly better during exams involves a little bit of cleaning and a whole lot of sleeping. Yes, that means keeping your bedroom neat and organised. Your bedroom will be the best place for you to relax in when you have exams, and waking up to a clean room makes you feel like you have a blank canvas to begin your day with. Avoid eating or revising in your room during exam time, because it can mix energies and make your room lose its special sense of peace and relaxation.

2. Schedule in breaks

So obviously a lot of us know by now that creating an exam schedule can help us to get on with our work and get a lot done. However, for other people this can feel too rigid and causes even more stress. A good way of getting around this for everyone is to schedule in breaks, and what you want to do with them. If you know that at 20:00 you’ll be settling down to your weekly dose of The Voice then it will make you more likely to work hard for it.

3. Bulk cooking

Okay, so a really long cooking session doesn’t sound like everyone’s cup of tea but honestly, it can save you so much time. Make up one big oven dish of chicken or vegetables and a saucepan full of rice on the weekend, freeze it all up in Tupperware, and you’ll be good to go for the rest of the week! Not only does this save you loads of time when you need it most, but also it means that you’ll stay on track with eating right and not spending cash on cheap takeaways that don’t feed your brain with any sustainable energy.

4. Sharing is caring

If it starts to get too unbearable being stuck in your library pod staring at the same page over and over again, why not meet up with some friends for a study session? Even if they’re not on the same course as you, sometimes just being around other people who are working towards deadlines can remind you that you are not alone during this time, and that everyone is going through the same thing. It will probably help you get on with your work better than you think, whilst also reminding yourself of what human contact feels like!

14/04/2015

dahlial-Abdullah

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930