Fashion, Venue

Glitz and Glam: festive dressing

The festive season has arrived! And with it comes the all-important Christmas themed parties you’re inevitably invited to year after year. It’s hard to look undeniably fabulous every time you endeavour to leave the house. Especially on a student budget. So, here is your guide on how to stay stylish this season without breaking the bank.

For as long as I can remember, Christmas has been synonymous with glitter, sparkles and a bit of glitz and glamour. This year is no different. One way to dazzle is to find the perfect sequined outfit; whether it’s a sparkly top, dress or shoes, you’re bound to shine this season. The great thing about sequins is how diverse they are. Anyone can wear them, and you can recycle this outfit throughout the Christmas season. From your university social to New Year’s Eve, this trend is a must. If you’re not too keen on sequins, you could also opt for lurex. Not quite as bold as sequins but guaranteed to add some sparkle. For the perfect high street sparkle, head to New Look or Primark. They have a range of sequined tops for as low as ten pounds. 

Velvet is also making a comeback. Yes, the stylish but controversial material is back for Christmas. Velvet is difficult to dress, and although it can look classy and Christmassy, it has the potential to look cheap. While bright colours make a statement, sticking to deep tones is always a great way to play it safe if you’re trying it out. To accessorize, keep it simple. The material is a great statement, so don’t add too much to it, delicate jewellery and a clutch is a great way to accentuate any velvet moment. Prettylittlething.com has all your velvet needs this Christmas, and with their 50 dresses for £5, how can you say no?

Another trend this Christmas season is Satin. This trend is stylish, classy and bound to make you stand out. A lot of people have opted for satin dresses, I love this look, but another great way to wear it is Satin trousers. A high-waisted satin trousers with a blouse, cute cropped top or bralette is the perfect outfit for a Christmas meal. Missguided.co.uk have some great Satin looks…and a 25% student discount through Student Beans, why not treat yourself this Christmas?

03/12/2019

Alethea Farline

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031